RPI Roofing Hurricane Preperation
Hurricane season goes from May 15 through November 30; are you prepared? At RPI Roofing, our roof repair services have helped countless homeowners restore their homes after hurricane damage. Here’s what you can do now to ensure you, your family and your home are as prepared as possible for hurricane season:
- Decide Where to Take Shelter: Decide on a safe place where you and your family can go during the storm. This location should be accessible to any family members with disabilities or mobility issues. If you have pets, make sure it’s pet-friendly.
- Know the Evacuation Route: Depending on conditions, authorities may ask you to evacuate. Familiarize yourself with evacuation routes now and make sure you have transportation available.
- Compile an Emergency Supply Kit: This should include flashlights with batteries, a first aid kit, cash, a radio and identification information for all family members in case you need to evacuate. You should also have plenty of bottled water and nonperishable food on hand.
- Create a Family Communication Plan: Using the form here, put together a communication plan with contact information for each family member, including any relevant school, childcare or workplace information.
- Have a Storm Damage Recovery Plan: Trim nearby trees and consider installing storm shutters. Have your roof inspected by a trusted, professional roofer. Ensure that any damage, no matter how minor, is repaired promptly so your home is in the best shape possible for hurricane season.
- Fortify Your Home: Review your insurance plan to ensure it includes hurricane-related damage. Write down the name and number of a reputable contractor who offers storm damage roof repair services.
Contact RPI Roofing
RPI Roofing will be there for you in the event your home sustains hurricane damage. To learn more about our roof repair services or to obtain a free estimate, contact us today at 912-756-7663. We serve families in Richmond Hill, GA, and nearby areas.